Buzios is a coastal city in the state of Rio de Janeiro. It consists of a peninsula beach resort with twenty beaches and over 200 places to stay. The west-facing beaches generally offer calm water, which makes it nice to swim. The beaches which face the open sea, to the east, attract lots of surfers, windsurfers and kite enthusiasts due to the strong current and waves
Things to do
- Take a boat trip: there are 2.5 hour trips offering you to go around the beaches and to the islands.
- Walk through Rua das Pedras: a street in the downtown area that offers restaurants, shopping and nightlife.
- Visit the Statue of Brigette Bardot: a statue was made for her after she popularized the peninsula in the sixties.
- Enjoy the view: on the top of a hill close to Praia Brava there is a tower which offers good views of much of the peninsula.
- You can also find many schools for surfing or scuba diving around Buzios and there is the possibility to go horseback riding.
Paxtur - Rua Visconde de Pirajá 303, lj 114, Ipanema
How to arrive
Going by bus
Buzios is 176 kilometre from Rio de Janeiro. In case you plan to travel by bus, it is recommended you buy your bus ticket at least one day in advance.